Having a website is essential and launching a modern site can be difficult. One of the biggest problems is that there are thousands of web hosting companies on the Internet and most of their services are weak.
It is important to find a good web hosting company, so in this article we will cover 15 of the best WordPress hosting providers. The reason why we are going to inspect only WordPress related services is that we strongly believe it is one of the best content management software of last decade. So, let’s start it.
What is WordPress?
When initially WordPress was created, it was built as a blogging software. Over the year has advanced and has become one of the most popular content management system that is open source and available for free. Today it is used by over 70 million websites. Many of the most popular websites like eBay, Fortune, Time Inc, Google Ventures and others use WordPress on their website or as their blogging platform.
WordPress is a free content management system (CMS), which was introduced in 2003. Since then, many releases were published, but the open source system still remained free. It is one of the most used content management systems in the world, downloaded more than 60 million times so far.
The CMS can be installed with a little database knowledge and with no previous coding experience. During the installation process you just need to enter the hostname, the database name, the username and its password, all other tasks are performed by the software itself.
The biggest strength of the software is to have themes and plugins. Themes are templates that can totally modify the site’s look and purpose. For example, there are themes that can turn the original WordPress site into eCommerce site, forum, photo blog, video blog, billboard, company site or anything else. There are tens of thousands of WordPress themes on the Internet, some of them free, some of them paid. A whole independent industry was built on developing WordPress themes and you can find many WordPress developers who can build up your website.
Plugins are code pieces that can add extra features to the site and can be installed without having any programming experience. There are plugins that can cache the website, improve the SEO performance, add social media share buttons, and add guestbook or anything else. Literally there are no tasks that could not be done with a plugin; you just need a WordPress programmer to develop it. Similarly to themes, WordPress plugins are available on the Internet both for free and paid as well.
Good news is that many of the WordPress hosting companies offer one-click solution for WordPress installing, so you don’t need to have any database or programming knowledge. By using such services, you just need to select for which domain name you want to add the new CMS and then click on the install button. All other tasks will be handled by the 1-click installer itself.
An important extra of the hosting companies’ WordPress hosting is the automatic update. This means that upon installing, you can choose that you want automatic updates performed on your website. By choosing it, you won’t need to worry about your site being outdated; all future updates will be applied by the software itself. This is an important service, since WordPress releases updates on regular basis, even few times a month, so a WordPress site quickly can be outdated without them.
There are many spam robots on the Internet, which surf on the net and try to hack WordPress related sites. The outdated websites can be easier to hack by malicious software than the up to date ones. This is the key reason why having automatic updates (or manually updated sites) is vital.
By summarizing the above-mentioned facts, you can already know that WordPress is suitable for everyone; even big companies use the software without problems, while starter business owners also can have benefit of this CMS.
Pros and Cons of Cheap WordPress Hosting
Cheap WordPress hosting gained big popularity among the website owners, because of its low price. We don’t need to mention why cost-effectiveness is important, and many people use this kind of WordPress hosting.
Obviously, there are two sides of the same coin, thus cheap hosting also has a bright and dark side too. To help you in choosing the right service, let’s check what are the pros and cons of cheap WordPress hosting:
- ultra cost-effective solution to have a website
- server administration knowledge is not needed
- literally thousands of hosting services
- continuous working, no hardware, no network and no utility problems
- some database and FTP knowledge is needed for installation
- slower customer service support, if it is even offered
- most of companies are unreliable
- no real extra services, like automatic updates, spam protection, etc.
- usually the server resources are not enough for bigger sites with more visitors
So, cheap WordPress is ideal if you have at least basic server or programming knowledge to install and maintain WordPress and you are looking for a super cheap solution to launch your site. If you just test the world of websites, or your company has just been started, you can quickly have a website online.
You should also understand that you will have some to-dos on regular basis, like making backups, applying WordPress updates and handling the possible technical problems. But if you accept these side effects, you can enjoy your site for a really low rate.
How to Choose a Cheap WordPress Host?
There are many ways to find a cheap WordPress host:
Some of the companies use paid campaigns to reach customers, like posting ads at the top of Google search results or on Facebook pages. By accepting the fact, that ads cost money and the companies are still alive, we can say that their marketing method is successful. But just because they catch users by spending money on advertising, their prices can be higher, or they can spare some cost on having low quality support. Both aren’t ideal for the customers.
These articles are a special type of advertisements, since hosting companies pay money to magazines or other websites with high amount of readers to gain customers. This marketing method may need even more money than PPC ads, so these hosting providers should also spare some money on their services.
This is the possible best source of having a good hosting provider, since if one of your friends or relatives recommends you a good host, you won’t be tricked. Unfortunately, these kinds of recommendations are still rare.
Reviews on professional review sites
Just like us, there are review sites on the Internet, written by IT professionals or Internet enthusiasts, who have years of experience in the field and are able to review the services. These sites are alive because they get affiliate money from recommended sites. There are many good companies on the Internet, and the reviewers also don’t want to destroy their reputation by forwarding the readers to bad places. So, you can rely on these reviews for sure.
What to Expect From a WordPress Host?
If you want to exclusively use WordPress for all your websites, I would recommend using a web hosting provider that offer optimized web hosting. There are many hosting providers who offer the possibility to install the software to their servers, however they do not pay much attention to create the ideal server environment that WordPress requires for fast and smooth performance.
The ideal hosting company for WordPress has the following features:
- offer optimized hosting plan, that is dedicated to WordPress users
- offer one click WordPress installation to customers website
- their team is trained to answer questions and solve issues related to the CMS
- offer online tutorials that help customers get started with their WordPress site
- offer tools that helps users to build their website easier with WP
Best Cheap WordPress Hosting Companies
As we mentioned, there are thousands of hosting companies on the Internet, so we compiled our top list of best cheap WordPress hosting companies. By choosing them, you won’t be tricked, and your website will have a reliable and fast storage.
BlueHost has a special offer for WordPress users, starting at only $2.95/month. It offers 3 packages:
- Basic: 50 GB storage with unmetered bandwidth, you can add 1 domain name with 25 sub domains and assign 5 email accounts to the package. All mail accounts get 100 MB storage for storing the mails. Starting price: $2.95/month
- Plus: Unlimited storage with unmetered bandwidth, you can add any number of domain names without restriction. The number of assigned email accounts is also not limited, and all of them have unlimited storage. The package also includes marketing offers in $200 value, and a SpamExperts service in $24 value per year. The package price starts at $4.95/month.
- Choice Plus: This package also has the same elements as Plus package, including the unlimited storage with unmetered bandwidth and the marketing offers in $200 value. On the top of them, Choice Plus got more extra services, like the above mentioned SpamExperts, domain privacy for 1 domain name and a SiteBackup Pro license, in $80 value per year. The package is available from $5.45/month.
- A Go PRO additional package is available from $13.95/month, applying a high-performance server to the package, containing a dedicated IP address, SSL certification, domain privacy and backup.
The BlueHost WordPress hosting service offers a 1-click installation, 30 days money back guarantee, automatic updates, free domain name, SSL certification and email customization options.
BlueHost offers 7/24 technical support to their clients; they are available via live chat, telephone or email. Registered users have the benefit to use the onsite ticketing system, where they can easily contact the support and track the solving of problems.
The company created a vital knowledge base section too, where you can read articles about general topics, WordPress, emails, domain names, account management and control panel usage. Most of the tutorial articles are accompanied by videos, so the explanation is more effective than just having it in written form.
InMotion offers 6 WordPress hosting packages, starting at $7.26/month:
- WP-1000S: This plan can hold 1 website with around 20,000 visitors per month and offers 40 GB SSD storage with unmetered bandwidth and unlimited email accounts. Starting price at $7.26/month.
- WP-2000S: In this package you can already add 2 websites and use 80 GB SSD storage, suitable for 50,000 visitors per month. Starting this package the company added a free library of premium WordPress themes and plugins to its packages, which you can also use. WP-2000S is available from $11.38/month.
- WP-3000S: Suitable for 3 websites and 125,000 monthly visitors, this package already offers 120 GB SSD storage from $15.50/month.
- WP-4000S: The package can support 6 websites and serve 300,000 monthly visitors. It contains the before mentioned features, but the storage size was increased to 160 GB. It also includes a free dedicated IP in the $31.10/month starting price.
- WP-5000S: Using this package you will have enough resource to add up to 10 websites and have up to 600,000 monthly visitors. The 200 GB SSD storage is big enough for storing the site files. Starting price: $62.24/month
- WP-6000S: This is the biggest WordPress package for up to 20 websites and 1,200,000 monthly visitors. It contains a 240 GB SSD storage and the before mentioned services. Price: from $119.28/month.
The company added additional services to all packages for free, like a free domain name, 90-day guarantee and upgraded safety measurements.
If you already have one or more WordPress sites, Inmotion can help you move your sites to the new storage. The service is free, unless you have more than 3 sites or bigger database than 5 GB. In this case, extra costs may occur. The migration service is valid for the files of your old storage, databases, email account, original cPanel settings and setting the new domain records.
Free server services include automatized WordPress updates, daily backups, improved server caching and SSH, FTP access with phpMyAdmin database management. Inmotion maintains a Support Centre, where you can find how to articles along with video explanations. The support is available 7/24 via email, live chat and phone; registered users also have the ticketing system to use. The company has a Community section, where existing users can solve the new users’ problem.
HostGator offers 3 types of WordPress packages and advertising it as cloud storage, with cloud architecture, multiple caches and serving the data from content delivery network. The 3 packages are:
- Starter Plan: you can add 1 site to this plan and it is suitable for 100,000 monthly visitors. The automatic backup can handle 1 GB of data daily. The storage size is unlimited, and the price includes $100 Google AdWords credit and Free SSL. Starting price: $5.95/month
- Standard Plan: this plan allows you to add 2 websites and is good for up to 200,000 monthly visitors. The plan contains 2 GB limit for daily backups, as well the AdWords credit and FreeSSL. It is available from $7.95/month.
- Business Plan: This plan is for up to 3 websites, with maximum 500,000 visitors a month. The daily backup limit is 3 GB and all the before mentioned extras were packaged into this plan. The price starts at $9.95/month.
HostGator offers free extra services for all WordPress packages, including CodeGuard automatized backups, SiteLock malware protection and advanced security. The control panel gives a good management tool, where you can easily manage the backup scheduling, data restores and email accounts.
The company has a migration team, which is ready to help you to move your existing WordPress site to the new storage. You just need to follow the experts’ recommendations to manage the site move without downtime. The Starter Plan includes 1, the Standard Plan includes 2 and the Business Plan includes 3 free site migrations.
HostGator has a 7/24 support that can be reached via email, telephone or live chat. A ticketing system is also available for the users, which is also checked by the representatives continuously. There are many articles and video tutorials available under the support section, covering many topics related to WordPress and web hosting. The forum is well segmented and has a good user community.
SiteGround also offers cheap WordPress hosting, starting from EUR 3.95/month. They created 3 packages; all of them can be purchased for a trial month too. The packages are:
- StartUp: the package comes with 10 GB storage and can hold one site. However, the bandwidth is unmetered; the site is suitable for 10,000 monthly visitors. It contains a Level 1 cache and auto backups. Starting price: EUR 3.95/month.
- GrowBig: you can add unlimited websites to this package and have 20 GB storage to store them. The bandwidth is still unmetered, but the cache was improved to Level 3. The package offers a special WordPress cache too and contains free backup restore, free site migration and priority support. It is available from EUR 6.45/month.
- GoGeek: the biggest package has 30 GB of web space and is ideal for up to 100,000 monthly visitors. This offer is the best value for developers, since its one-click WordPress staging service makes a playground copy for the live site for testing; it contains Git related assets and is able to make backups on demand. The price of the package starts at EUR 11.95/month.
All the offers contain special services, like a free drag and drop site builder, free email accounts, unlimited number of databases, built in cPanel with Softaculous for 1-click application install and more. SiteGround also gives a 30-day money back guarantee, so in case you are not satisfied, you can get back the purchase price.
The WordPress packages got many WordPress related features, including but not limited to the free install of the software, auto updates, enhanced security measurements and special, WordPress related support. There are 4 data centers on 3 continents; in Chicago (USA), London (UK), Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and Singapore. The content delivery is supported by content delivery network, even for the cheapest package as well.
The hardware side is strong, the storages run on SSD drives, the redundancy is solved and there are 30 daily backups included into each plans. A protection against spam and hackers was utilized on each data centers.
SiteGround has a 7/24 support, you can reach the pros via live chat or phone. There is also a ticketing system on the site, where you can get the first answer in 10 minutes. The company published a knowledge base section on its site, including tutorials, webinars and setup wizards as well.
A2Hosting’s WordPress packages are fast and were developed specially for WordPress. The company offers 4 plans:
- Lite: This plan can serve 1 website and let you create maximum 5 databases. There is no limit in storage and bandwidth usage, cPanel and free SSL is included. The starting price is $3.92/month.
- Swift: You can add unlimited websites to this plan and use unlimited number of websites, too. All extras of smaller packages are included, while the price is just a bit higher. It starts at $4.90/month.
- Turbo: This offer contains much faster service; according to A2 Hosting, it can be 20 times faster than the previous 2 packages. Its starting price with the before mentioned extras is $9.31/month.
- Managed: The company provides full management for the purchased WordPress hosting by choosing this package. It comes with Plesk control panel and free Jetpack personal license. Its price starts at $12.97/month.
A2 Hosting offers an anytime money back guarantee for each hosting packages, so you can ask back your money in case you are not 100% satisfied. The company’s primary data center is in Michigan (USA), but there are additional data centers in Arizona (USA), Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and Singapore. A2 Hosting’s network and power supply is redundant, making the whole instrument behind the web hosting service fault tolerant.
The software environment on A2 Hosting server is well developed and supports PHP 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2, so you can choose any PHP version which your main software pieces are needed. MySQL and PostgreSQL databases are available, with the support of phpMyAdmin management tool. All packages support SSH, Node.js, GIT, Python, Ruby and PERL technologies and programming tools, and FTP or FTPS can be also used.
You can reach your emails via a web interface, or you can download them to your computer via POP3, IMAP or SMTP connections. The site support can be reached around the clock, via live chat, telephone or the ticketing system. A2Hosting has a blog, as well as a knowledge base with articles and guides.
iPage’s WordPress hosting offer is quite simple, as it contains only 2 packages. The company provides a clean page to display the offers, which are:
- WP Starter: The package comes with unlimited storage and unmetered bandwidth, a free domain registration for a year and a customized control panel. The company also offers previously installed themes and plugins for WordPress packages. The package price starts at $3.75/month.
- WP Essential: The biggest package contains all previously mentioned features, plus a support from WordPress professionals, malware protection and SiteLock security measurements. Its price is from $6.95/month.
The free domain name can be kept in case of account cancellation, but you should pay a $15 fee in exchange for it. The company has a knowledge base on the site, which covers 12 main topics, including websites, services, emails and more. The support can be reached 7/24 via phone or live chat.
iPage’s Essential Plan is also suitable for hosting multiple WordPress websites, and the cost is only from $1.99/ month. On their basic shared plan WordPress can be installed through Mojo Marketplace in just few minutes. The installation process is extremely simple, it requires only few steps and clicks to get it online. So if you are looking for the cheapest WordPress hosting plan, probably the Essential Plan is what you want.
GreenGeeks has a special WordPress Hosting offer; at least it is special because there are no more offers than just one. It contains unlimited SSD web storage and unlimited bandwidth usage, a 1-click WordPress install, enhanced security steps, free SSL, free migration of your previously existed WordPress site and CloudFlare CDN.
The company gives 30-day money back guarantee and offers 99,9% uptime for the purchased WordPress hosting. The automatic daily updates and backups are two additional services, which were added to the WP Hosting package for free.
GreenGeeks is advertising itself as a green company and says that it works in close relation with environmental protection foundations. The company purchases wild energy credits continuously; three times more value than the company uses in electricity. It tries to eliminate the foot print of its data centers, naturalizing the carbon-dioxide emission of them. There are four centers available, in Chicago (USA), Phoenix (USA), Toronto (Canada) and Amsterdam (the Netherlands).
The support can be reached via email, phone or live chat. Live chat is available around the clock while phone support is live between 9AM and 12AM EST on weekdays and 9AM and 8PM on weekends. The knowledge base has a FAQ and How-to section with hundreds of articles, while the website tutorials part is the home of hundreds of step-by-step tours on the site. You can rate and comment each knowledge base articles too.
NameCheap also did not complicate over its hosting line up, because it offers only one solution for special WordPress hosting. You can create a WordPress instance in 30 seconds with the EasyWP feature.
NameCheap offers a WordPress website with 10 GB of SSD storage with unlimited page impressions, easy backup tool and support. The offer’s price is $29.88 per year, providing a discounted $1 offer for a trial month.
The company’s support can be reached 7/24 via live chat or ticketing system. It also offers a support center with description of latest updates, API documentation for building your own applications and the NameCheap blog, covering related and up to date topics. The FAQ section contains hundreds of well-illustrated articles that you can comment with your Disqus account. Site moderators check and answer the upcoming comments continuously.
There are 2 locations of NameCheap data centers; the first one is in the USA, in Phoenix, Arizona. The second location is in the UK, in the city of Nottingham. This means that you can find a center near you, even if you want to reach it from Europe or the USA.
StableHost created its WordPress hosting packages in a way that both new website owners and professional users can benefit from them. There are 3 packages available on the site:
- Starter: it offers unlimited web space and unlimited bandwidth for 1 website, 1 CPU core and maximum 25 MySQL connections at the same time. The package contains script troubleshooting and DDoS protection as well. Its price starts at $3.50 per month.
- Pro: the package comes with unlimited space and bandwidth with no restriction of number of websites, 1 CPU core and maximum 25 MySQL connections. Basically, it is the upgraded version of Starter to serve more than 1 website. Its price starts at $7.50 per month.
- Platinum: this offer also contains unlimited storage and bandwidth, but accepts only 50 user accounts on a server, in comparison with the first two packages, where there can be 500 users on the same server. It comes with 2 CPU and allows maximum 50 MySQL connections the same time. Two extra services are included: hacked site repairing and SpamExperts spam filtering are also available.
All packages can be managed with cPanel, so adding a new domain name, creating a new subdomain or email account is quite easy and only requires a few clicks. The 200 Gbps network is fast enough to serve the visitors with data, and the servers are equipped with dual processors, 36 GB of memory and SSD drives.
StableHost has 7/24 support that can be reached via telephone or live chat on the site. There is a knowledge base on the site and it covers 6 special areas of customer interest, pre-sales, technical support, account support, domain names, affiliates and policies. There are around 100 articles which answer the most common user questions. The video tutorials part forwards you to YouTube, where the StableHost channel contains dozens of videos, showing how to perform actions on the site.
TMDHosting also provides a pre-installed WordPress instance and special support for WordPress users, offering 3 packages on its website:
- Starter: this package offers unlimited SSD storage with unlimited bandwidth for 1 website, including a basic caching and Let’s Encrypt SSL service. Its price starts at $2.95/month.
- Business: the Business package also gives you unlimited storage with unlimited bandwidth, but you can add any number of websites to the storage. It also contains a Standard SSL and a 128 MB memcache and double performance multiplier. It is available from $5.95/month.
- Enterprise: This is the biggest WordPress hosting package and it offers few more extras, including a bigger, 256 MB memcache, Wildcard SSL, triple performance multiplier and more. It starts at $12.95/month.
All packages include a free domain name, premium support and a free cPanel license. NGINX Web Server is also available in the offers as the 60-day money back guarantee is also valid for all the three packages.
There are many email related features in hosting packages, including owning an SMTP address, Spamassassin spam filter, email forwarding and setting aliases, filters, auto responders and live monitoring. You can reach your mails via a webmail interface, or you can download them to your local machine via POP3, IMAP or SMTP protocols.
The cPanel interface contains the Softaculous auto installer service, a PHP version changer, web-based file manager, a domain management section to add new domain names, subdomains or add-on domains, phpMyAdmin database management and more assets. You can also access the logs from there, including the server resource logs or the network usage statistics.
TMD Hosting’s data centers are available around the globe; they were placed on 4 continents, in 6 countries. You can choose a data center from Chicago (USA), Phoenix (USA), London (UK), Amsterdam (the Netherlands), Singapore, Sydney (Australia) and Tokyo (Japan).
The company has a 7/24 support, you can reach them via email, live chat or telephone. A ticketing system was also utilized on the site, and there is a knowledge base and tutorials section as well. The knowledge base is a classic FAQ-like thing, where you can ask question and the staff or other users can answer them. The video tutorials section contains sub categories, so you can easily get help for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another common CMS.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress Hosting is a service what was introduced after shared hosting. As people started to use hosting packages, some of them realized that managing a website needs some efforts and time. So, they asked the hosting companies to make more convenient hosting services, where almost everything is covered by the company. As result, managed hosting was born.
Today there are many managed WordPress hosting packages on the Internet, they offer advanced features for a bit more money. Obviously, because of market pressure, most of the shared hosting providers also started to offer more services, but managed hosting still can be realized because of many extras and real professional manner.
If you need a real professional working environment, then managed WordPress is your ideal choice. Even though these packages are more expensive, your free time can’t be paid enough. And if you have a company website, having it online continuously and not letting service interrupts in it is the key to your business success.
Keep reading and get to know what the other advantages of managed hosting are, and which companies offer the best managed WordPress hosting services!
Pros & Cons of Managed WordPress Hosting
As shared hosting has many pros and cons, so does managed hosting. We show both the pros and cons to you, so you will know what the benefits of managed hosting over shared solutions are.
- faster website because of optimized servers and WordPress
- real support with well paid professionals
- extra security measurements
- fully automatized services from A to Z, including initial setup, updates, backups and possible recoveries
- better uptime and reliability
- state of art industry leader hardware and software elements
- higher prices
- less flexibility in terms of allowed plugins or themes
- sometimes there is no full access to the database and server
By summarizing the pros and cons, we can say, that cheap WordPress hosting is for you only if you want to test your online presence, or you don’t have a business that needs super reliable services. In all other cases managed WordPress hosting has more benefits than the cheap solution.
How to Choose Managed WordPress Hosting?
We covered many sources of how to find a good shared WordPress hosting, all of them can be used for managed WordPress hosting as well. Accepting the paid ads or PR articles’ recommendations without checking the service in detail is still not a good idea, so you can trust the review sites to find a good host.
Just read the reviews and consider which the best services they offer are and essential to you. Be aware of those sites that don’t offer detailed reviews, just few lines of text with an affiliate link and you won’t make a wrong decision.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting Companies
We analyzed the market and found a few companies which have outstanding offers and reliability. By choosing them you can launch your website or have a business storage without any problems, and nothing will waste your time:
WPEngine is one of the biggest managed WordPress hosting companies; they serve more than 80,000 clients and block 150 million attacks every day. It targets 3 kinds of entities with its services:
Hosting for Small and Medium Businesses
WPEngine offers hosting solutions for small and medium businesses, serving them with 7/24 support and real WordPress experts. The main goal of the services is to help the companies grow and make their everyday lives easier. There are 3 dedicated packages offered:
- Startup: it is ideal for 1 website with up to a maximum of 25,000 visitors per month and includes 50 GB bandwidth. Starts at $35/month.
- Growth: it starts with 5 websites and can serve up to 100,000 visitors a month. The bandwidth was improved to 200 GB for a $115/month starting price.
- Scale: this package can hold 15 websites up to 400,000 visitors per month and provides 400 GB bandwidth for them. It is available from $290/month.
All 3 packages contain content delivery network & SSL and offer a free migration service. They also include free page performance improvement and other powerful tools. You can try them for 60 days without any risk.
WPEngine also provides offer customization; you can ask them for a custom offer for your very special needs. There is literally no limit to compile your own configuration, and WordPress professionals will guide you through on whole process.
Different things are important when we talk about enterprise level; that’s why WPEngine developed its Enterprise hosting offer. By offering them, the company focuses on reliability and work flow continuity, and effectively turns away any threatening from the servers.
All the services packaged into Enterprise hosting come from industry leader providers, like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Let’s Encrypt or EverCache.
Enterprise level managed WordPress hosting can be purchased from WPEngine by contacting their specialists, who will check which exact solutions you need.
WPEngine also targets the digital agencies, so they can offer a flexible WordPress platform to customers, improve the ROI and profit and engage better the people. The company offers management services, so the agencies can focus only on the most important task, which is serving the customers.
The hosting service for agencies also doesn’t provide packages, you are asked to contact the WPEngine specialists to start the cooperation.
Cloudways offers flexible dedicated hosting where you can pay only for those resources that you really need. As your project needs more and more strength, you will get newer assets and pay them according the predefined rules.
You can choose any of the 5 services which are partnered with Cloudways and use their data centers. DigitalOcean, Linode, VULTR, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform are all available.
- There are 11 plans with DigitalOcean support; the smallest gives you 1 GB memory, 1 CPU, 25 GB storage and 1 TB bandwidth, starting at $10/month. The biggest plan offers 192 GB memory, 32 CPUs, 3840 GB storage with 12 TB of bandwidth, from $1035/month price.
- The smallest of Linode’s 9 plans comes with 1 GB memory, 1 CPU, 20 GB storage and 1 TB bandwidth, from $12/month. The biggest plan gives you 80 GB memory, 20 CPUs, 1536 GB storage and 20 TB of bandwidth, starting at $860/month.
- VULTR has 8 plans, starting with 1 GB memory, 1 CPU, 25 GB storage and 1 TB bandwidth, from $11/month. The biggest plan offers 96 GB memory, 24 CPUs, 800 GB storage and 15 TB of bandwidth for as low as $730/month.
- There are 13 kinds of Amazon Web Services plans; the smallest contains 1.75 GB memory, 1 CPU, 4 GB storage and 2 GB bandwidth, for $34.91/month. Their biggest plan includes 256 GB memory, 64 CPUs, 4 GB storage and 2 GB bandwidth, from $3058.26/month.
- The smallest of 12 Google Cloud Platform’s plans offers 1.70 GB memory, 1 CPU, 20 GB storage and 2 GB bandwidth for $33.30/month. The biggest Google plan contains 120 GB memory, 32 CPUs, 20 GB storage and 2 GB bandwidth for $1290.42/month.
All plans have 24/7 expert support, unlimited number of installed applications, free SSL certification and free migration services.
The value-added services include such management tools, like PHP 7, dedicated firewalls, MySQL manager, 1-click server cloning, managed backups, multiple databases and more.
Pressidium offers managed WordPress hosting on enterprise architecture, which means high availability and strong hardware assets behind the services. They utilized top tier security measurements that are available for all packages.
Pressidium has both Standard and Enterprise Plans.
These plans were made for websites with low traffic and load, making competitive prices for not enterprise users as well.
- Personal: this plan can hold 3 WordPress installs with up to 30,000 monthly visitors, giving 10 GB SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth. Its starting price is $42/month.
- Professional: it offers up to 10 WordPress instances with up to 100,000 monthly visitors, 20 GB SSD storage with unlimited bandwidth. It is available from $125/month.
- Business: You can add 25 WordPress sites to this plan and serve up to 500,000 monthly visitors. There is 30 GB SSD storage included and a dedicated account manager. It is available from $250/month.
- Business Plus: The biggest plan can hold up to 50 WordPress sites with up to 1 million monthly visitors, giving 40 GB SSD storage and dedicated account manager to you for $500/month price.
All plans include multisite support, exclude the smaller one and are powered by a content delivery network. They all support PHP 7 and staging environment and backups are also offered.
Pressidium also offers enterprise level dedicated hosting and is able to server even ten millions of visitors as well. They use server clusters, so the hosting became fault tolerant. There are no limits of WordPress instances, and dedicated account managers are available for enterprise customers.
The 7/24 support is not a miracle at the level of this kind of hosting, but the company has real engineers who work at the support department. With their knowledge and experience a real customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Pressidium also uses scalable environment, so you don’t need to worry about changing plans as your business grows. They change automatically depending on load. Real time malware protection and offsite backups were also utilized in Enterprise Plans, so your data will be always safe.
The Enterprise pricing starts at $1300/month and you are asked to contact the sales team to find the best solution to you.
FlyWheel managed WordPress hosting solutions were specially developed for this CMS and offers fast website loading without the need of any configuration. A simple dashboard can be used to manage everything, while the staging possibility gives the chance to make changes on the site, without touching the live version.
The company offers free migration service and they set up a backup solution, which runs every night and makes the necessary backups. FlyWheel also takes security very seriously, checking the user accounts continuously against malwares and other attacks. The free SSL is a plus, which also was added to all plans.
There are 3 kind of hosting services, offered different solutions for freelancers, agencies and enterprise customers.
Hosting for Freelancer Customers
The company has few freelancer-friendly solutions for those uses that choose this plan. The newly created site or the migrated one will be put on a demo server, so you can double check it before going live. You can later easily pass the ownership of the new site to your client.
The Blueprint function is also ideal, once you made your favorite instance of WordPress and chose the best theme and plugins, you can make a Blueprint about it. Later you won’t need to compile your perfect instance again, you will be able to use the previous Blueprint and create a new copy of it with new clicks. This can be a real time saving solution.
You can also give access to your collaborators with their own login, and you are able to remove them from the project whenever you want. If you are developing a site for a customer, Flywheel allows you to forward the bills to them, so your payment methods won’t be involved. The customers will get the ownership of the site upon payment.
Hosting for Agency Customers
If you are an agency customer, the company gives you many extended management tools. For example, you can easily give permission to your staff members or other freelancers, letting them work without your login credentials. You can also use the Cooperation tool, which allows your team members to log in to the project websites with the same login and allowing editing and other work as well. It also contains a tracker that will show you which team member is working and on what project.
The Blueprint tool is also available for agencies, so you can create special usage blueprints for different customers and install the full featured WordPress site to them with a few clicks. The Staging environment will allow you and your team members to make modifications on a website, without touching the live version and totally ruining it.
Hosting for Enterprise Customers
FlyWheel provides fully redundant servers for enterprise level customers, managed by the industry leader AWS hardware elements. The guaranteed uptime is 99.99%.
The company added many tools that you can use for collaboration and workflow management. This will help you to better organize the whole site process, from A to Z. You will also get an enterprise account manager who will be available upon your request. There are also dedicated engineer teams behind this service, so upcoming problems can be solved quickly.
FlyWheel added add-on services to its Enterprise plans, like quarterly business reports, which is available for free. Other add-ons, like front of the line support costs $1500/month or technical account management is available for $1000/month.
LiquidWeb offers fully managed WordPress hosting with no page view or traffic limitations. It also provides you full access to your database and server and making daily backups to have the restoration point if something goes wrong.
The staging environment helps you work on your site without having effect on the live version, and there is a 7/24 support of real professionals to help you. All sites get SSL automatically and there are many developer tools available, like SSH, Git, WP-CLI and more.
There are 3 plans on the site:
- Professional: this plan is suitable for 10 websites and gives you 50 GB SSD storage with 5 TB of bandwidth. It is available from $99/month.
- Business: it can hold up to 25 sites and provides 100 GB SSD storage with 5 TB of bandwidth. Its starting price is $149/month.
- Agency: this plan can be a home of 50 WordPress sites, giving you 200 GB SSD storage and 5 TB of bandwidth. It is available from $289/month.
Enterprise customers can request a quote; the enterprise level plans start at 100 websites and are available from $575 a month.
If you made it this far, you are definitely a person who likes to do the research. This is awesome! I really hope, you were able to find the WordPress hosting service that you need and you can afford.
I know, there are so many options on the market. This is why we’ve spend a lot of time researching, testing and reviewing the companies mentioned on this page. I believe that choosing one of the hosting providers listed above, you will have a great experience while hosting your WordPress websites.